Technique : Kneel on the ground as in Vajrasana keeping the distance of about fifteen cms between the knees and between the heels. Breathe deeply. Hold the right ankles firmly with the right hand the left ankles with the left hand. Raise the arms and take them behind the neck. Breathe in the normal way. Hold this position for six to eight seconds. Repeat this asana two or three times a day.
(1) This asana activates the respiratory system and so it is beneficial to those who suffer from asthma.
(2) The body becomes weak when there are impurities in the blood or when the flesh and the semen are diseased. In such cases, this asana is beneficial.
(3) This asana cure diseases caused by ‘vataaaa’, ‘pitta’ and ‘kafa’ (wind, bile and phlegm).
(4) The practice of this asana cures all types of diseases related to fistula. It has a soothing effect on menorrhagia and diabetes.
(5) It removes pain in the neck, the shoulders and the spine.
(6) It improves eyesight.
(7) It helps to alleviate headache and trouble in the voice and the tonsils.
(8) It gives proper exercise to the chest and makes it shapely.